I have asked myself this question a few times recently.
I occasionally attend a local meetup of fantastic West Michigan Bloggers.
I pay for this domain name.
I update it. Rarely. So I guess that means I do not fit one of the ProBlogger definitions:
The activity of updating a blog is “blogging” and someone who keeps a blog is a “blogger.” Blogs are typically updated daily …
But thanks to Dictionary.com maybe I actually am a blogger:
noun 1. a Web site containing the writer's or group of writers' own experiences, observations, opinions, etc., and often having images and links to other Web sites...
Since I do pay for this little bit of real estate out in web world I think I will keep moving forward and try to figure out how to update it. More often.
Thankfully I love to learn new things because just off the top of my head basic updates will need to include:
- a new profile picture (I think it's called a head shot? Or is it mug shot?)
- reviewing and updating the 'About Me' section
- figuring out how to find the time to write and post (I think it's called planning?)
- learning about photo software so adding and editing images is easier
- how to upload and edit video
Phew. I am already overwhelmed.
Step by step... I can do this...
And thankfully there is still 30 minutes left in the kids' nap time.